The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), has cautioned the general public to adhere strictly to fire safety measures by unplugging and switching off all electrical gadgets after use.
A statement signed by Prince Billy Anaglate, Deputy National Public RelationS Officer of GN-FS, said most of the recent spate of fire outbreaks were attributed to the use of improper and unattended electrical gadgets at homes and offices.
The statement said many properties and lives had been lost to these fires which were started through negligence or carelessness, adding that to avoid such occurrences, it was imperative to switch off all electrical gadgets during power outages.
It said it was also necessary to unplug cables from electrical sockets to forestall any unwarranted contacts.
The statement cautioned the general public to ensure that over-aged electrical wires were replaced with modern and standard ones, while switching off all gadgets not in use.
By Times Reporter