Tweneboah Kodua SHS student stabbed to death

The police at Jacobu in the Ashanti Region, have launched investigation into circumstances leading to the stabbing to death of a final year student of Tweneboah Kodua Senior High School (SHS), at Manso Odaho.

Daniel Osei-Mensah, the 16-year-old student, who also operated motorcycle business at Odaho in the Amansie West District during vacation, was killed by unknown assailants, last Friday.

He was reported to have been stabbed in the lower abdomen and chest and clubbed by the attackers,and three suspects have been arrested in connection with the death.

According to a police report, the attackers lured the victim into a bush and killed him.

“We had a call from Fiankomah after several hours in search for Osei and his motorbike,” an eye witness told

“Moments after the call, we moved in groups to actually confirm such a terrible news. On our way to the crime scene, we had another call claiming that we have by-passed the police vehicle hence we should return. Upon our return, we met the police vehicle with the body of the deceased wrapped with a black rubber in the bucket of the vehicle. We, however, followed them to their station,” the eye witness said.

Mother of the deceased, Adwoa Mary, popularly known as ‘AdwoaWakye’, has said: “I have lost something dear to my heart and I pray the Almighty deals with all the perpetrators”.

Akwasi Boame, father of Osei-Mensah, said, “I’m left alone with my Creator and I think only God can heal my wounds for me.”

The Assembly Member for Odaho Electoral Area, Isaac Bronya, has urged the Inspector-General of Police to, as a matter of urgency, expedite the inauguration of the newly built police station in his area, to clamp down on crime. –

This is not the first time Tweneboah Koduah SHS is experiencing the stabbing of a student. In 2016, a 20-year old final year Visual Arts student of the SHS stabbed a colleague.

The incident according to police happened when a confrontation ensued between the suspect and his colleague, who was later rushed to the Agogo Presbyterian Hospital.

Show More
Back to top button