Akatsi Police retrieve suspected bones, skull of missing motor rider

 The remains of a 28-year-old motor rider who went missing on April 21, this year, have been retrieved by the Akatsi South Police Command in the Volta Region.

Louis Agbogli, a native of Atidzive and resident of Akatsi, both within the Akatsi South Municipality, reportedly went missing after he was seen picking a female pillion rider on April 21 from Akatsi to the Kpetoe area.

The Akatsi South Municipal Police Commander, Chief Su­perintendent Isaac Baah, speak­ing on developments relating to the incident, said on Thursday, April 27, Mr Lumor Agbogli, father of the deceased, made a complaint to the police about the disappearance of his son.

Mr Baah said the police, in their preliminary investiga­tions, said the suspect, Regina Dagba, an 18-year-old girl from Asafotsi-Dagbakope, a village within Akatsi South, on April 20, sought the services of a motor rider ostensibly to pick her to Adetsewui, where she was to meet her boyfriend.

He said the suspect could not afford the charge for trans­porting her at that time, “so Louis willingly added GH¢3.00 to aid her departure to the village.”

Mr Baah said the suspect, after taking Louis’s contact, called him the next day to offer gratitude for his assistance and asked him to pick her to Kpe­toe, which he obliged, “even though his colleague riders discouraged him from offering that service.”

“Upon reaching Kpetoe, the suspect appealed to him to take her to a village called Nyatsive, where he had since not returned, causing fear and panic among his relations and friends,” he said.

Mr Baah further disclosed that the suspect, together with Etse Datsomor, her 20-year-old boyfriend from Adetsewui, was lured from his hideout at Nyatsive in the Republic of Togo, and arrested around the Wute stretch of the Akatsi- Ziope road on Monday where they both admitted to having murdered the victim after inter­rogation.

He said his outfit in con­nection with their Togolese counterpart after a court order was obtained, Etse led a team of both Police officers from Ghana and Togo to a gravel pit site located between Kpetoe and Nyatsive, near Togo, where bones and a skull was retrieved.

“Suspect pointed the scene to the police and after a careful inspection, it was found that the body had decomposed, leaving behind only the bones and skull.”

Police sources revealed that the suspect also led the Police team to a nearby bush to retrieve the deceased’s motor­bike, which was close to where he was allegedly murdered.

Mr Baah said efforts were underway to forward the bones to Accra for Forensic Labo­ratory examination, while the suspects would reappear in court on June 2. —GNA  

Show More
Back to top button