UG student in police grips for allegedly murdering boyfriend

A student of University of Ghana (UG) is currently in the grips of the police for allegedly murdering her boyfriend at AshaleyBotwe School Junction, in Accra.

Safina Mohammed Adizatu, a 23-year-old Level 100 student, according to the police, was assisted by one Michael FiifiAmpofoArku, a technical officer, in committing the crime.

The police said that the deceased, Frank Kofi Osei, was a Ghanaian domiciled in Canada, who had returned to the country for vacation.

Safina also known as Safina Diamond (on social media) and Arku are said to have stabbed Oseion his chin, jaw, back and strangled him to death.

Safina and Arku, charged with conspiracy and murder, appeared before the Adenta District Court, presided over by Nana Aba QuaibaNunoo.

Chief Inspector Jacob Nyarko told the court that on Sunday, July 24, 2022, Osei(now deceased), visited Safina, his fiancée, who resides at AshalleyBotwe School Junction and spent the night there.

The court heard that at night, Safina, Arku and other accomplices yet to be identified stabbed Osei with a knife on his chin, jaw, back and strangled him to death.

Chief InspNyarkosaid that Safina and Arkucleaned blood that oozed from the body onto the floor.

According to prosecution, accused dragged the body from the first floor of the storey building through the staircase and dumped it at the gate of the house where Oseihad parked his Toyota Tundra and washed blood stains off the staircase.

Chief InspNyarko said Safina informed the police that her boyfriend visited her and he had died in her room.

Prosecution said when members of the police patrol team rushed to the scene they found the body lying at the gate of Safina’s house.

Chief InspNyarko said Safina and Arku were nowhere to be found, but Safina was later arrested at AshalleyBotwe School Junction.

Prosecution said Arku after committing the act, absconded to Kumasi.

Chief InspNyarko said accused had requested for bail, which was resisted by the prosecution.

The courtpreserved the pleas of accused and remanded them in police custody to reappear on August 12. –

Show More
Back to top button