Painter on GH¢100,000 bail for causing harm to neighbour

 An Accra Circuit Court has granted a GH¢100,000 bail with three sureties to a painter who allegedly caused harm to another.

The court ordered that two of Frank Arthur’s sureties should be justified with land-titled deeds.

He should also report to the police every Monday and Friday.

Arthur, 20, who denied the offence would appear before the court on January 11, 2023.

Police Chief Inspector John Gohoho, prosecuting, said Madam Esther Yeboah, the complainant, was a trader and both she and Arthur resided at Sakumono Railways.

He said on November 23, 2022, at about 8 p.m., Mad. Yeboah had a report from her son, Philip Annan that Arthur had wanted to beat him.

Chief Inspector Gohoho said Mad. Yeboah then reported the conduct of Arthur to his mother since they all lived in the same vicinity.

The prosecutor said Arthur’s mother apologized and promised to advise her son.

He said Arthur, who became offended about the action of Mad. Yeboah and

Annan, took a cutlass from his room, chased Annan, and cut him on his head, right index finger and left thumb.

Chief Inspector Gohoho said the victim started shouting for help and Arthur, on seeing people approach the scene, bolted.

The prosecutor said the victim was rushed to Tema General Hospital for treatment and later referred to the Korle-Bu Teach­ing Hospital for further medical attention.

He said on the same day, the youth in the area arrested Arthur and sent him to the police station.

Chief Inspector Gohoho said Arthur was re-arrested for inves­tigation.

The prosecutor said during the investigation, Arthur led the police to the scene of the crime and pointed to a spot where the incident happened.

He also said Arthur led the police to his house and at the en­trance to his room, he pointed at an old cutlass behind a white tank as the weapon he used to harm Annan.

Chief Inspector Gohoho said the cutlass was retrieved and pre­served as evidence and had since been sent to the forensic laborato­ry for examination.

The prosecutor said Arthur’s statement was obtained the next day and after investigation, he was charged with the offence and put before the court. —GNA

Show More
Back to top button