Three persons, who allegedly murdered a six-year old boy, on Friday, on what has been described as contract killing, at the Nkrabea Village, near Sefwi Debiso, in the Bia West District of the Western North Region, have been arrested by the Debiso police.
The suspects, Kwabena Abraham, father of the boy, Joe Naaba and Kwabena Dosu, are in police custody while investigations continued.
The Ghanaian Times gathered that, the prime suspect, Kwabena Abraham, has confessed that he was contracted to kill three boys for rituals and had so far, managed to kill one, (his son), with two others, who were on the waiting list and in the custody of Joe Naaba.
According to the police, Abraham led Police to Joe Naaba’s residence near Kwabena Dosu’s village, where the boys namely Baba Moro, 10 and Awuni Mohammed, also 10, were rescued.
They are currently in the care of the Debiso Police, the Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Olivia Ewurabena Adiku, confirmed the story to the Ghanaian Times yesterday.
Giving the details, she recalled that at about 10.40am on Friday, September 13, Kwabena Dosu, alias Kumah of an unknown house number, at Amoa cocoa shed, near Debiso, reported that Kwabena Abraham, had beheaded his six-year old son, Oscar Tanu, and that the body was lying under a cocoa tree near Nkrabea village.
The police, together with the complainant, Dosu, she said, went to the crime scene in a thicket in the midst of cocoa trees and found a beheaded body lying in a supine position.
“The head was lying by the foot with a sharp cutlass and a mortar covered with fresh blood. The body and the head were separately inspected by the police investigators and found that the culprit used the cutlass to behead the boy after which he placed the deceased’s head on the wooden mortar and cut it off,” the Police PRO told the Ghanaian Times.
FROM CLEMENT ADZEI BOYE, SEKONDI