This year’s National Core Subjects Quiz (NCSQ) has been postponed indefinitely.
The move according organizers was necessitated by the COVID-19(Corona virus) pandemic and President Nana Akufo Addo’s directive against public gatherings.
However, organizers have urged schools expected to participate in this year’s event not to halt preparations as the event will come off after the Corona virus pandemic.
The fourth edition of the competition, was scheduled to be officially launched on Friday,March 27 with the main quiz to continue subsequently.
Speaking with the Ghanaian Times, Founder of the NSCQ, Albert Tetteh said, they were optimistic that the event would be staged after the Corona virus pandemic.
“We urged students to remain optimistic and continue to study as the competition would be held on a later date,” he stated.
“Let us not halt in our preparations for the NCSQuiz as we have got virtual platforms to excellently make progress and would roll out soon when the trying times are over,” he stated.
He added that, they were committed to making education appealing to students across the country and beyond.
He said, they also postponed an educational initiative for families dubbed the ‘Smart Families’ which was slated for March 14.
He urged students to adhere to the safety practices while they studied at home to ensure that they do not get infected with the virus.
Teachers he said, must also do well to protect themselves and their families as the country would need everyone after the pandemic period.
“We need to remain strong as a country, adhere to all safety precautions and we would bounce back and get our educational programmes on track,” he stressed.
Over 50 schools had already registered for the competition and other interested schools have been asked to register using the NCSQ online platforms.
BY MICHAEL D. ABAYATEYE