Hot!News

60 Trust Hospital staff quarantined …as 2 patients test positive for COVID-19 .Hospital shuts down for fumigation

About 60 workers including doctors and nurses at the Trust Hospital in Osu, Accra have been quarantined while awaiting their coronavirus (COVID-19) test results.

Additionally, the hospital has been shut down to undergo fumigation today and tomorrow after two patients tested positive for the disease.

Although it did not make reference to any COVID-19 positive case, a statement issued by the hospital in Accra yesterday, said the main hospital has been closed for fumigation exercise.

It stated that, it would, however, be re-opened to the public from May 11 adding that all Out-Patients Department (OPD) and emergency cases would be received at the Trust Specialist Hospital, also in Accra, during the period of the closure.

Other healthcare facilities including the Mother & Child Hospital, and all other clinics at Dome, Sakumono, Dansoman, Adenta and Pension House, the statement said, would also be available to care for clients.

The statement further urged clients to call the telemedicine helpline to speak to a doctor or order a prescription medicine.

Checks by the Ghanaian Times revealed that two patients showed symptoms of the disease a week after being admitted at the hospital, exposing many staff at the hospital to COVID-19.

The hospital was, thus, compelled to direct the staff who may have come into contact with the patients to quarantine while the facility undergoes fumigation.

Ghana’s COVID-19 case count as at Thursday was 3,091 with the Bono Region the latest region to record a confirmed case.

So far, 303 persons infected with the disease have recovered, with the number of deaths, at 18.

According to update by the Ghana Health Service, 248 of the new cases came from the Greater Accra Region which leads with 2,579 cases now.

The cases were confirmed in districts including the Accra Metropolitan, Korle Klottey, Ablekuma South, and Ashiaman municipalities, among others.

At least, 124 others were identified in other regions including the Eastern, Central and Western with five people said to be in critical condition.

The recent update by the GHS indicated that 2,332 of the country’s total tally had come from contact tracing, 944 from routine surveillance and 115 from persons who were held under mandatory quarantine.

He explained that of the 18 deaths recorded in the country, 76 per cent were males and 23, females, indicating that majority of the casualties involved persons above age 60.

BY TIMES REPORTER

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
Close