Three persons believed to be landguard, operating within the East Legon, are facing trial at Accra circuit court for terrorising an estate developer.
Anthony Barima, Sulemana Sally and Sani Bawah Awungani, have been charged with conspiracy to commit crime, engaging in landgaurd activities and threat of death.
Awunganbi was said to have threatened the complainant, Sarah Forkuo, with a machete when she asked him (Awunganbi) why he and his gang kept encroaching her land.
The case has been adjourned to July 2 by the court presided over by Emmanuel Essandoh.
Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Fuseini Yakubu told the court that the complainant acquired four plots of land at Dzornaman, a suburb of East Legon, in 2017, and acquired documents covering the property.
He said Madam Forkuo, who had travelled out of Ghana, returned to the country, because some people were encroaching her land.
ASP Yakubu said the complainant received information that some suspected landguards were on her land, so her brother, a witness in the case, escorted her to the place.
The court heard Madam Forkuo and the bother met the accused on the land, including Awunganbi, who was holding a machete, and threatened to harm complainant and the brother.
ASP Yakubu said accused were arrested and taken to the Regional Criminal Investigation Department, in Accra,
ASP Yakubu said Barima and Awunganbi, in their caution statements to the police said they were lodging in two bedrooms within a demolished house on the land of the complainant and that Sulemana was a visitor.
According to prosecution, investigations indicated that before the complainant and her Fortes Capital Company obtained ownership of the land, their grantors had obtained possession and demolition orders from the High Court with suit number AL/25/14, dated, August 25, 2016.
ASP Yakubu said that Awungani built a two-bedroom house at a far end of the land, where he had been keeping landguards to prevent the complainant and her company from developing the land.
BY RAISSA SAMBOU