10-year-old girl electrocuted

A 10-year-old primary three pupil of Agona Duakwa Methodist School, was electrocuted by a metal television pole, when she stepped out to buy something after washing her school uniforms and bag.

According to Police Chief Inspector Frederick Kyei-Baffour of Agona Duakwa Police Station, the police received information on the incident, which happened at midday after a downpour.
Chief Inspector Kyei-Baffour said the victim, Blessing Afful, fell down unconscious when she touched the TV pole, and was rushed to Agona Duakwa Salvation Army Polyclinic, but was pronounced dead on arrival at the clinic.

He said the body of the 10-year-old girl has been deposited at the hospital for autopsy.

Chief Insp Kyei-Baffour recounted that, two children and a woman were electrocuted by metal television poles at Agona Duakwa last year.

The grief-stricken mother of the girl, Madam Abena Akyere, collapsed in the presence of journalists and personnel of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO).

School children from Methodist Primary School, mainly her classmates, visited the family to express their condolences.

Mr Solomon Paintsil, Agona East Director of NADMO, said his outfit had sensitised the public about the dangers of using metal as TV poles.

He warned that NADMO would remove all metal television poles in the district to avert calamity. – GNA

Show More
Back to top button