ONE person was killed, while several others sustained various degrees of gunshot wounds in a renewed clash between the people of Sayegu and Saibirugu in the Bunkprugu-Yunyoo district, in the Northern Region.
However, an eye-witness told The Ghanaian Times that two dead bodies were retrieved from the bush, and many houses were said to have been burnt down in the renewed clash.
The Northern Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Ebenezer Tetteh, who confirmed this to The Ghanaian Times, said the incident occurred on Tuesday.
He could not tell the immediate cause of the renewed violence, but said there had been a long standing land dispute between the two communities.
ASP Tetteh said the Regional Police Command, had already dispatched security personnel to the area to help restore law and order.
He said no one had been arrested but efforts were being made to apprehend the culprits.
The Police PRO said the security personnel would remain in the area until peace was restored.
An eye-witness, who only gave his name as David, told The Ghanaian Times that three persons were killed in the clash, adding that two dead bodies were retrieved yesterday in the bush.
He revealed that many people had fled the communities, indicating that there might be reprisal attacks in the area.
Just last month, about four persons were killed in a similar communal clash between the two communities.
One of the communities was totally burnt in that clash.
From Yakubu Abdul-Majeed,Tamale