Spiritualist Kidnaps Six Girls

A self-acclaimed spiritualist last weekend absconded from his healing camp hide-out with five girls he had allegedly kidnapped at Ho and its environs.

This was after the sixth captive escaped from the camp in a bush, about three kilometers from the Ho-Kpenoe main road, and reported her ordeal to some opinion leaders in Ho, on June 26.

The 15-year-old orphan told the GNA on Monday morning, that she was abducted at the entrance of the orphanage when returning from school in December 2011, by the spiritualist who introduced himself to her as her father.

She disclosed that over the past three years, the spiritualist had been having sex with her and another girl of the same age, twice every other day, and on the same bed.

The girl said other girls were also abused sexually occasionally, with some of them chained to prevent them from escaping.

She alleged that they fetched water from a river and worked on the farm daily, and did not attend school.

The girl said the spiritualist abused them physically, whenever they disobeyed him.

She said she managed to escape on June 26, when she was sent on an errand with the spiritualist subjecting her to a marathon sex session on June 25, 2014.

Ms. Emma Asamoah, one of the rescuers, said the victim was spotted loitering around a cosmetic shop from morning to evening and when questioned, narrated her ordeal, after which she was sent to the Dr. Asase Memorial Children’s Home.

Madam Irene Asase, proprietor of the Children’s Home, said she published the disappearance of the victim in the dailies and was happy to have her back.

A rescue team sent after the remaining five girls reported that the spiritualist had relocated with them to an unknown place.

When the GNA visited the camp in the company of Mama Attrato II, Queenmother of Ho-Dome, it saw sacks on which the girls slept, a chain and padlock tied to a tree and the shed under which supposed healing sessions were held.

Some individuals who live about two kilometers from the camp, told the GNA that since Thursday after the girl left, no activity went on at the camp and that the whereabouts of the spiritualist and the five girls were not known.

A police source confirmed the incident and indicated the police are investigating it.—GNA

Print Friendly

Leave a Comment