‘Miracle’ baby survives fire

The child who survived the fire

• The luck baby, Nana Twum

A four-month-old baby boy miraculously survived a fire which had engulfed the room in which he was sleeping at Semenye, in the Jomoro District of the Western Region, last Thursday.

The mattress, bedsheet and cloth used by the mother to cover him, got burnt, but Nana Twum, the baby was not touched.

The mother, Madam Victoria Asabea, told The Ghanaian Times that after Nana had slept, she lay him on a small mattress, covered him with a cloth and went out to wash some clothes.

Madam Asabea said while washing, she heard the baby crying and therefore rushed into the room only to find the bedding and the cloth covering him burning

She quickly rushed out for a bucket of water to quench the fire before picking up Nana, who was then sitting on the bed watching the fire, to safety.

The elated Asabea gave thanks to the Almighty God, stressing, “I will continue to sing praises to my God for saving my baby from the fire”.

Madam Asabea could not tell the cause of the fire.

From Peter Gbambila, Semenye

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment