Mfantsipim School Seeks Parents’ Support To Maintain Standards

Mfantsipim SchoolThe Headmaster of Mfantsipim Senior High School, Cape Coast, Koame Mieza Edjah, has appealed to parents to cooperate with the school authorities, to maintain the standard of academic work and discipline, among the students.

Speaking at a meeting of the school’s Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), to officially welcome the first year students on Monday, he said educating the child involved partnership between the school and the parents, and urged the parents to contribute in that regard.

“Help the administration to maintain the good name of the school and the academic standards the school has set for itself,” Mr Edjah said.
“We help the children to develop their talents and grow to become useful citizens, you have to add to the discipline,” the headmaster stressed.

Mr Edjah said the school would not compromise on discipline stressing “if a child is not discipline, he will not survive here.”
He said after days of anxiety and stress, parents should give glory to God that their children has been enrolled in one of the best education institutions they should be proud of.

He said as much as the school would do its part to give the students the best of education, it was incumbent on the parents to complement the effort by instilling in their children, the sense of hard work to achieve their goals.

Mr Edjah said the children were the future of parents, assuring that the school would give of its best to build a better future for the children, “your future is your child, if your child comes to Mfantsipim, 60 per cent of his future is guaranteed, the rest of the 40 per cent, rests with parents, you will never regret, you will have to complement the effort.”

The headmaster said there were good things in Mfantsipim and bad things as well, because it is a human institution, assuring that the school would not compromise on discipline and would not hesitate to expel indiscipline children who fell foul of the school’s regulations.

Mr Edjah urged the parents to let the children use money wisely by spending within their limits and encourage them to take their studies seriously to come out with flying colours.

The PTA chairman, Jojo Duncan, appealed to the parents to use the appropriate channels and procedures, to address their grievances and not resort to the media, to settle their differences with the school authorities.

The Chairman of the Development Committee, Rex Danquah, enumerated a number of projects being undertaken by the  PTA  and old boys,  to support the development of the school, including complementing the efforts of the school authorities to wall the school compound  and a GH¢600,000 bio-gas project.

Mfantsipim marks its 137 years with a Speech and Prize Giving Day on November 9.  From Salifu Abdul-Rahaman, Cape Coast

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment