Manager, Three Others Arrested For Assault

The Upper West Regional Manager of Airtel Ghana, Mr. Abu Ibrahim and his four accomplices are in the grips of the law, following their involvement in a mob action which nearly led to the lynching of three innocent persons.

They have been remanded in prison custody by the Wa Magistrate Court, to reappear before it on July 11.

Mr Ibrahim, 30 and his accomplices, Latif Razak, 22, Mubarak Saakara, 23, Bilad Ahmed, 22, and Alhaji Iddrisu, 24, are said to be part of a mob which pounced on the three with pestles, stones and machetes, severely injuring them.

The intervention of the Regional Police patrol team, the three, Aaron Domba, 22, Julius Danchiragh, 32, and Rudolf, 16, would have been set ablaze by the mob.

Briefing The Ghanaian Times here yesterday, the Upper West Regional Head of the Legal and Prosecution Unit of the Ghana Police Service, Deputy Superintendent (DSP) Kweku Bempah said on June 27 at about 1:00 a.m, the mob, including Ibrahim, accosted Aaron and Rudolf who were riding their motorbike at the Fongo Primary School in Dokpong in the Wa municipality as being thieves.

They denied the accusation and explained that they were on their way to see their brother, an interpreter at the Regional Police Command.

However, Ibrahim and his accomplice insisted that they were thieves who had made away with a motorbike a few hours earlier and must be dealt with.

Sensing danger Aaron and Rudolf pleaded with the mob to accompany them to their brother’s house to ascertain whether they were thieves or not, to which they obliged.

When they got to the house Aaron knocked at the door and his brother, Julius Danchiragh who was then asleep, opened it and came out.

Immediately he stepped out the mob which had accompanied the two pounced on him and the other two and started beating them.

Julius who did not understand what was happening pleaded with the mob and told them he was not a thief but worked with the police as an interpreter.

Ibrahim who was said to be in the thick of affairs warned Julius not to make any attempt to call the police or they would kill them.

He also entered into the company car with registration number GN 7611-14, he was driving, switched on the head lights, and placed it on the victim while the others subjected the three to beatings.

DSP Bempah said a police patrol team chanced upon the situation and attempted to rescue the three, however, Ibrahim incited the others to resist them.

He also blocked the vehicle of the patrol team from moving.

When the police finally overpowered them and whisked the three away to the police station, Ibrahim and his accomplice followed to the station, but got arrested and placed in custody.

The following morning they were arraigned before the Wa Magistrict Court and remanded in prison custody to appear again on Friday, July 11.  By Cliff Ekuful, Wa


Print Friendly

Leave a Comment