Kotoko over power Bechem

GOALKEEPER Rashid Seidu of Bechem United will forever curse his stars for offering the vital three points to the porcupine warriors, Kumasi Asante Kotoko, as they lost 1-2 in their week 20 first capital premiership, played at the Baba Yara stadium, yesterday.

The keeper, who had been yellow carded in the 79th minute for delay tactics, grabbed the ball from a back pass and bounced it several times to again delay the game.

Ahmed Toure was lurking in the box and managed to get the ball only for the keeper to mow him down, an incident for which referee A.D Muhammad did not hesitate to award a spot-kick.

It was in the 85th minute and Toure took his goals to 11 as he scored beautifully.

Bechem had played a fantastic game to hold the red army, who opened the score line in the 17th minute when Ahmed Adams headed home Atta Kusi’s cross.

Moments after the goal, the hosts looked tired and allowed the visitors to dictate the pace.

The visitors continued their dominance after the recess, pushing men forward while their rear was perfectly guarded by dreadlocked Patrick Opoku and Richard Barfour.

In the 63rd minute, former Kotoko player, Aminu Mohammed, cancelled the lead from a goal mouth melee.

Kotoko players, were now gasping for breadth, as the visitors pumped heat into the game.

When all was pointing to a drawn game, the sloppiness of keeper Seidu saw Kotoko sealing their doom.

At Obuasi, Bismark Idan’s solitary strike gave struggling Premier League side New Edubiase United the much-needed relief as they pipped Medeama 1-0 on Saturday.

The burly striker shot powerfully at the bottom corner in the 80th minute, after being perfectly teed up by midfielder Abdul Latif Anabila.

Just a minute after that goal, Medeama were reduced to ten men after midfielder Malik Akowuah was red carded for slapping Richard Yeboah.

Before that, the major talking point had been the head-on collision between Fuseinu Nuhu and Medeama goalkeeper Foli Adade.

It looked scary as blood streamed down the faces of both players and that resulted in the game being held up for five minutes.

From Kingsely E. Hope, Kumasi 

Print Friendly

Leave a Comment