Fire guts house in Sunyani suburb

AN eight-bedroom apartment at Berlin Top, in the Sunyani municipality, was gutted by fire on Monday.

Among those affected were two students of the University of Energy and Natural Resources lodging in of the facility who lost their belongings. According to fire officials, the cause of the fire which started around 5 p.m., was yet to be ascertained but unconfirmed reports attributed it to an electrical fault.

Confirming the incident to The Ghanaian Times, the Acting Regional Operation Fire Officer, DOI Ignatius Noekor said, the station received a distress call around 5:35pm and quickly moved to the scene.

He said due to the magnitude of the fire, reinforcement was called.

He said, it took fire officers an hour to bring the fire under control.

Mr. Noekor  indicated that 77 fire cases relating to residential buildings had been recorded in January alone, adding that most of the facilities had their surroundings overgrown with weeds.

He cautioned the public to avoid burning when the wind is harsh and could do that in the evenings but not left unattended.

 From Daniel Dzirasah,Sunyani

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment