Electrician, 24, Electrocuted At Bolgatanga



A 24 –year- old electrician was electrocuted on a high tension pole in Bolgatanga on Monday, while carrying out  major maintenance works.

Edward Adapore Asigibilla, who died on the spot, was a leader of a team of electrician apprentices working with Budic Electricals, a local electrical engineering company, sub-contractors to the Volta River Authority (VRA), assigned to carry out routine maintenance on some lines in the Bolgatanga municipality.

VRA officials, Ghana National Fire Service and Ghana Police Service personnel rushed to the scene to rescue Asigibilla but luck eluded him as he was dead on their arrival.

Mr Danladi Bukari, Area Manager of VRA told Ghana News Agency in Bolgatanga that investigations are underway to unravel the circumstances that led to the death of the young man.

He said the police are on the ground to start full scale investigations.

The director of the company, Mr Halim Abubakar, who became unconscious on reaching the scene, was rushed to the Bolgatanga Municipal Clinic, where he regained consciousness.

The deceased, who left behind a wife and a child, has since been buried. GNA

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment