Disabled’s dev plan launched

A five-year development plan for the poor and vulnerable in the country, was launched in Accra yesterday.
It would strengthen social protection interventions of the Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection (MGCSP).
The sector minister, Nana Oye Lithur, who launched the programme, said it would promote the welfare of women, children and persons with disabilities, noting that since the establishment of the ministry in 2013 it had been working to ensure that the vulnerable were protected in the country.
She said pragmatic policies had also been put in place to improve the status of women at all levels, adding,
“The ministry had expanded the Livelihood Empowerment Against Poverty (LEAP) and the School Feeding Programme.”
The Chairman of the Civil Service Council, LB Tusoe, said it was crucial for an institution to get a strategic plan to guide its work, and stated that the plan would keep the ministry focused towards achieving targets.
A private consultant, Mr Anthony Mends, in a presentation said the plan would re-define the ministry’s strategic direction to facilitate the fulfillment of its mandate of promoting the rights of women and children.
The occasion was used to outdoor the Friday wear for staff of the ministry.

 

By Anita Nyarko-Yirenkyi

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment