Boy electrocuted, others injured at Nsawam

A 16-year-old boy was electrocuted and three others were injured, when mounting a television antenna, near an electricity pole, on Tuesday at Atsikope, a suburb of Nsawam, in the Eastern Region.

The injured, Madam Tina Ayeh, 30, and her son, Desmond Amoako, 16, and Samuel Ntim, 12, were admitted at the Nsawam Government and Koforidua Hospitals.

Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Kofi Sakordie, Nsawam District Police Crime Officer confirmed the incident to the Ghanaian Times here yesterday.

He said the deceased, Ebenezer Djamgbe, died on the spot when the antenna he was mounting had contact with an electricity wire, and the three, who were holding his legs, suffered electric shock.

ASP Sakordie indicated that on Tuesday, Madam Tina asked the deceased and the others to assist her to mount a television antenna on her building, resulting in the incident.

By Anita Nyarko –Yirenkyi

 

 

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment