Boateng Hints At Comeback Again?

Kelvin Prince BoatengSCHALKE midfielder Kevin-Prince Boateng has hinted that he will consider a Ghana comeback when given a chance again.

The German-born Ghanaian fell-out with Black Stars officials at the 2014 World Cup and had to be expelled from the team’s camp ahead of their final group game against Portugal.

The ex-AC Milan midfielder said he will not hasten to take a decision on his international career yet. He is currently serving an indefinite suspension at national team level.

“No. It’s nice to wait and see what happens next: Ghana has handed out a suspension, that was a consequent action by the team officials. If they come back one day and ask me again to join them, I will deal with this matter,” Boateng told WAZ-Interview.

“I can’t say today, whether I will play again for Ghana or not… Yes, that’s me. I am not a person who sends messages between the lines. Either you trust me 100 per cent – or not. And that was not the case with Ghana.”

*Malaysian side Kelantan FC have threatened to terminate the contract of Ghanaian striker Prince Tagoe on health grounds.

Tagoe signed for the Malaysian giants earlier this year after termination his contract with Club Africain but his fitness level has been a major source of worry to the club.

“We can no longer compromise in terms Prince Tagoe’s fitness. We are now entering the Malaysia Cup campaign, there’s no reason, and if we find he failed a fitness test on his return, we have to terminate his contract,” head coach George Boateng told Sinarharian.

“Tagoe has twice failed a fitness test. We recommend Tagoe should not be given leave so as to use a month to restore the level of his fitness, but he made the choice to return to his country.”

He added: “He must undergo a fitness test when he returns to us. If he fails, the contract may be terminated.”

Tagoe, who has featured for Hoffenheim, Busarspor and others is a transfer target of Austrian side Wolsberger.

But Tagoe has denied reports in certain circles of the media that his Malaysian side Kelantan is on verge on terminating his contract after he failed a medical.

“I don’t know where that news is coming from and I don’t know the motive behind it. I also read about it and I was amazed at the story”, the seemingly angry Prince Tagoe told sportscrusader.com.

“The real situation on the ground is that they (Kelantan) wanted me to stay on and train with them since I joined them only a few weeks to the commencement of the World Cup. I told them I wanted to return to Ghana and that I can stay fit here with prescribed training programs.”

“Indeed I have overstayed my holidays and even my traveling ticket has expired so they have sent another one and I am supposed to join them later this week, maybe by Friday. I know my coaches are not happy with two things and that is me coming to Ghana and overstaying my holidays.”

“But for someone to sit somewhere to say that they are also angry because I failed my medical is not the best. I am still here in Ghana so if they wanted the truth and didn’t have any ill motives against me, why didn’t they contact me for my version of the story before putting it out there.”

“Like I said, I have issues to deal with when I return, but that has nothing to do with cancellation of contract. If they wanted to cancel contract, will they have sent me traveling tickets for my return”, Prince Tagoe asked.

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment