ADB Bank gives to victims of tidal waves

adbThe ADB Bank Limited has donated bundles of fishing nets and twines worth GH¢100,000 to fishermen who lost their fishing gears when tidal waves hit the country’s coastlines on September 4, this year.

The fishermen had their fishing gears including outboard motors, fishing nets, ropes, canoes and boats damaged by the tidal waves.

Fishers from Ada, Bortinanor, James Town and Teshie were the most affected.

Presenting the items, Mr. Daniel Asiedu, Managing Director of ADB said the bank was committed to the financing and development of the agricultural sector of the economy, and therefore, was socially responsible to support farmers and fishermen through the provision of credit and other facilities.

“This is the reason why when the Ministry requested us to help restore hope to the fishermen, we responded to boost their morale,” he said.

Receiving the items, Ms. Sherry Ayittey, Minister of Fisheries and Aquaculture Development, thanked the bank for the gift, and assured that the items would be distributed to the affected fishermen to enable them to improve on their business.

ADB is a universal bank offering full range of banking products and services in retail, commercial, corporate and investment banking. Its business focus is universal banking with development focus.

Set up in 1965 by Act 286, ADB is wholly publicly-owned. The government owns 52 per cent of the shareholding, with the remaining 48 per cent held by the Financial Investment Trust on behalf of the Bank of Ghana.

 

By Daniel Amoo          

email
Print Friendly

Leave a Comment