31-year-old man electrocuted

Christopher Owusu Ansah, a 31-year-old electrician, who was working on faulty high tension cable at Adetsewui, in the Akatsi South District of the Volta Region, has been electrocuted.

 Ansah, staff of Arvensis Energy Private Ltd, a company working on the electrification project in the area, died last Monday in an attempt to repair faulty high tension cable at Adetsewui.

The Akatsi South District Police Commander, Chief Superintendent Joseph Dzineku, who confirmed the story to the Ghana News Agency, said that the accident occurred when the deceased, who together with his colleagues went to the community to repair the faulty cable supplying power to Adetsewui.

 The Police Commander said whilst other colleagues were checking for electrical faults, Ansah allegedly without the knowledge of his colleagues, climbed the high tension pole, without using appropriate safety tools.

Sup Dzineku said the deceased was seen hanging on the electric pole with parts of his body burnt. 

He said the body of the deceased was removed from the pole and taken to the St Paul’s mortuary for preservation as investigations continued.- GNA 

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *