2 die under bizarre circumstances in K’si

Two people, a final year student and an unemployed, have been allegedly killed under bizarre circumstances in the evening of Wednesday in some parts of the Kumasi Metropolis.

In the first instance, suspected robbers armed with guns and other dangerous implements, raided the campus of Osei Kyerewkyire Senior High School (OKESS) and killed an 18-year-old final year student.

The deceased has been identified as Godfred Arthur, a General Arts student, supposed to have written his last West African Senior High School Certificate Examination science paper yesterday.

Meanwhile, the school, located within Tafo Pankrono in Kumasi has been temporarily closed down with the final-year students asked to go home.

Assistant Commissioner of Police ( ACP ) Francis Aggrifa Oppong, Tafo Pankrono Divisional Police Commander, confirmed to newsmen saying “two suspects have been arrested in connection with the incident which happened at about 11:30PM .

The deceased was said to have been stabbed twice in his chest and was pronounced dead after he was rushed to the hospital.

Police would not give much details saying that they were still investigating the matter.

But the Ghanaian Times gathered that the deceased was among a group of students revising the final paper in the morning of Thursday when he stepped out and bumped into the suspected group of robbers.

He was said to have attempted to raise an alarm to alert  his colleagues but one of the robbers allegedly attacked him with a knife, stabbed him in the chest two times and before his colleagues got to the scene they(suspects) had fled, leaving Arthur in a pool of blood.

He was rushed to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.


In a related development at Aputuogya, near Atonsu, a barber allegedly stabbed his friend over a GH¢5.00.

Known as Star Boy in the area, the barber was said to have taken offence after his friend, Kwaku Denis, delayed in paying GH¢ 5. 00 after a barbering service, a week ago.

At about 9:15pm Star Boy was said to have seen Denis around his barbering shop, attacked him and, in the ensuing fracas, stabbed him in the chest and stomach.

He also was pronounced dead on arrival at the Jachie Pramso Hospital.

As at the time of filing this report the case was yet to be reported to the police due to accusation and counter accusation between the two families.



Print Friendly

Leave a Comment